Tuesday 22 July 2014

Quality Control.

Most of the multinationals do follow Quality Control measures for their products and definitely they are worth it. The team at Quality Control therefore would be of highly skilled and qualified people who are responsible for the image of the company. This skilled is achieved by studying about it pursuing a career in it.

I got my lessons on Quality Control from a roadside seller of groundnuts and this is really an interesting one for everybody and every industry.

I have been seeing this seller called as "Sing-Chana wala bhaiyya" ( in hindi - India ) since my childhood days selling 'sing' ( groundnuts ) outside our local swimming pool and around nearby park. He is 72 years old now and I am 40 that means he has been selling for more than 30 years as I started swimming during my school days.

I like eating these 'sing' and I prefer to eat only from this 'bhaiyya' ( brother ) even when there are many others selling the same stuff.
The taste of the 'sing' is very different as also the quality. They are sweet in taste too.

Once I happened to pass by the park in the morning and saw this 'bhaiyyaji' with his basket. On observing closely I saw that he was busy removing the skin from the groundnuts and not only that he was inspecting each and every of those small nuts and removing the spoilt ones. Generally eating the spoilt one leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

I was surprised that how he checked before he sold to his clients and why do the 'sing' he sell tastes so different.

Lessons I learnt :-
Though this was only Rs10/- worth of item but he inspected and sold the best ones.
He got me as his regular client always looking out for him whenever I wanted to eat.
Brand is not built overnight. It takes great effort and even small small things are not to be neglected.
Give the best to your customers. Best product. Best service.

I got my management degree on Quality Control from this very small experience.

Hats off to him....


Recommended Reads


1 comment: